Discovery Toys proudly packs shipments in environmentally friendly packing peanuts made from corn starch. These dissolve easily in water. They are great for hands-on activities in solubility, Archimedes’ principle of buoyancy, adhesion, cohesion, & more!
Some suggested observations are:
- *How long does it take for a peanut to dissolve in water?
- *How long if you stir it?
- *Does it make a difference if you use hot or cold water?
- *How long with another liquid such as shampoo or oil?
- *Try to write on a peanut with a marker. What happens? Do different markers cause different reactions?
- *What about gluing peanuts? Does this work? Courtesy of C. Sutter