discovery toys blog of billie elias
Tips for parents who play with their children or who want stay-at-home income.
Toys for special need, autism, gifted and typical kids.

September 11, 2009

Early Language and Intercultural Acquisition Studies (ELIAS)

What a hoot to find out they named an early language acquisition study after my husband's family!

Science Daily reports findings from a European study (which we at Discovery Toys already seemed to know) that children as young as preschool age can learn a second language through immersion teaching.

It was because of a Discovery Toys seminar that I attended at one of our conventions, that my husband and I chose to send our child as a 3 1/2 year old to just such an immersion program.
You can read about Monsieur Thibaut's method and his schools in the NY Times article.

Please refer to my post on second language from March 2009 for more.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin